NXTP Labs seeks to invest and provide hands-on support and community to entrepreneurs with passion for starting up and growing their companies. They provide seed funding, mentoring, community and office space to entrepreneurs with great ideas and execution capabilities.
They also invest up to US$ 25,000 as a seed investment in companies (US$ 10,000 per startup, plus US$ 5,000 per founder, up to three founders), in return for small stakes (usually between 5 to 10%).
Nextperience Labs will be running a Demo Day in Silicon Valley to showcase the best Latin American startups alongside the Brazilian startup accelerator, 21212 on 6th September 2012.
We asked Nora about the emerging technology entrepreneurship hubs in Latin America and how startups from that region are perceived by outside investors. We also found out about the strong execution of startups like WeHostels – see their press release about joining the NXTP Labs programme.
- 00:10 Introduction to Nora Palladino and Nextperience Labs
- 00:45 What is the Nexperience Labs programme and what does it offer for entrepreneurs?
- 03:45 How does membership of the Global Accelerator Network support the programme?
- 05:20 What are some examples of successful startups that have gone through the NXTP Labs programme?
- 08:30 What do you look for in founder teams when you receive applications to the programme?
- 12:30 What are your expectations for your upcoming Demo Day in Silicon Valley on 6th September?
- 14:10 How many companies will be presenting?
- 14:50 What is the reputation of Latin American startups in places like the US?
- 17:00 What were you looking for from the GrowVC Networks beta programme when you joined up with us earlier this year?
- 19:15 How would you assess the entrepreneurship ecosystem in Argentina and in South America more generally?
- 23:45 How can potential applicants or investors get in touch with you at NXTP Labs?
- 25:21 End
You can find out more about how to apply to NXTP Labs and about the upcoming Demo Day at the NXTP Labs website.
Thanks for tuning in to this week’s episode of Everyone Funding Startups. Check out our new podcast page at EveryoneFundingStartups.com. And you can now interact with the show on twitter @growVCpodcast. Let us know what you want to hear…we’re listening.
Join Grow Venture Community
This entry was posted on Monday, September 3rd, 2012 at 4:13 pm and is filed under Startup Podcast. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.