This week’s episode of the Grow VC Everyone Funding Startups Podcast explores the link between global entrepreneurship and international diplomacy. Joining us to discuss this powerful connection is Shelly Porges – Senior Advisor at the U.S. Department of State and director of the department’s Global Entrepreneurship Program (GEP). Shelly describes the startup ecosystems that exist in GEP target countries and the successes and challenges she has experienced in her quest to spur global innovation.
You can listen to the podcast by clicking the “play” button below or through this direct link (right click to save).
• General mission of the Global Entrepreneurship Program (00:50)
• The link between entrepreneurship and international diplomacy (03:20)
• Specific examples of Global Entrepreneurship Program projects (11:00)
• What does startup finance look like on the global scale (12:50)
• Can impact investing play a role in this space (16:50)
• How will the increased use of crowdfunding affect global startup financing (20:10)
• How to get involved with the Global Entrepreneurship Program (25:00)
Thanks for tuning in to this week’s episode of Everyone Funding Startups. Please feel free to reach out with any questions or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org or connect on twitter at @rdavidwill.
Join Grow Venture Community
This entry was posted on Saturday, April 21st, 2012 at 3:24 pm and is filed under Startup Podcast. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.