This week on the GrowVC Everyone Funding Startups podcast we spoke to the Director of e27, Mohan Belani about his upcoming Echelon events, the startup scene in Asia, his collaboration with GrowVC, and a great story behind the name of his company.
Founded in February 2006, e27 is a media organization focused on the Asian technology startup industry. It is devoted towards Silicon Valley-style, community-driven advocacy of technology innovation in Asia. E27 combines its online media with offline events to influence, discover and evangelize upcoming technology innovations from the startup communities around Asia, and its website e27.sg is the trusted source of information on Asia’s growing startup ecosystem.
Listen to the podcast on the player below or here directly (save as for mp3):
- Mohan’s personal background and how he got involved in e27 (00:50)
- What does e27 cover – what is its focus? (02:15)
- Tell us about the upcoming Echelon events (03:25)
- What kind of people are you trying to attract to your events? (05:00)
- How would you assess the strength of the startup scene in Singapore and Asia more broadly? (07:50)
- What is the investment scene like in your area? What profile of investors are local startups able to attract? (10:40)
- What sort of trends are you seeing in successful startups getting funding in your area at the moment? (11:45)
- What attracted you to GrowVC and what are you hoping to get from our partnership? (15:00)
- How should people get in touch with you and how do they get involved in your events? (16:15)
E27 is a Network partner of GrowVC and you can join the Network and find out more about the Echelon events here. For more information about the Echelon events coming up across Asia please visit http://echelon.e27.sg/SG2012/index.php. You can also follow Mohan on Twitter @mohanbelani.
Learn More About Grow VC Group Companies
We are always looking for talented, entrepreneurial and driven doers to join our growing global group of companies in various positions and locations around the world. If you think you have what it takes, apply now!
This entry was posted on Saturday, March 31st, 2012 at 5:53 pm and is filed under Startup Podcast. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.